Friday, February 22, 2013

TGIFriday...kind of.

IUI update:  No period yet.  Still waiting.  Got my progesterone test back from Wednesday and it was 8.5.  Not really sure what that means and since I had surgery this month and we're not sure where in my cycle I am, the PA said we'd wait until my period comes and then count backwards and figure out if I need progesterone supplements.

In other news...

My addicted family member ... I'm going to call him B ... is already making me crazy.  He has a pretty bad oxy addiction.  Pretty bad as in he's lied and snuck around and run out repeatedly because he takes too many.  Bad as in he's facing felony charges for altering a prescription to get more pills.  At least he has not resorted to buying them on the street or anything (that I know of).

So his wife pretty much bailed on him.  I get that the addiction is a terrible thing, but she's his wife and married him knowing he was on oxy.  And he's agreed to do inpatient rehab but she won't even wait for that.  She is just out and putting their house on the market and completely done with it all.  Not exactly a for better or worse vow keeper but I suppose I should try to keep from judging her.  She's young and immature and very spoiled and I think this is all more than she can handle.  Thank God I have a husband who will stick by me through anything, including this IF crap.

So he's living with us.  At the beginning of our IUI thing.  And he's already trying to manipulate me to get more pills.  First it was "it's too embarrassing to have you hand out my pills like I'm a child."  The answer to that was "too bad - you want to live in our house this is how it will be."

Then yesterday he suggested that he be given two extra pills per week for emergencies. Stupidly, I agreed to this, leading him to think he could win the battle of the wills.  So last night I gave him his extra two pills.

Fast forward to today around 11:30 when he texts me to say he left three pills on the windowsill and now they're gone.  But the dogs seem ok so they probably didn't eat them but maybe they picked them up and left them somewhere.  Right.  He apparently thinks I'm pretty darn stupid.  So he asks me to replace them and I'm like - well you have your two emergency pills - use those.  I'm not replacing them.  So he says he took all 5 of the pills before 11:30 and now he's going to go through withdrawals.  Tough crap.  I feel like I'm being mean but can't let him get away with this crap.  If he took all 8 pills he had too quickly then he's just going to have to suffer the consequences.

Then he texts and asks if I'm ok with him going to live with his "sponsor."  Now this is the first I've heard of the "sponsor" and when I respond and ask who it is and if I can talk to him about it, I get no reply.  Now I'm home and B is in the guest bedroom sulking or sleeping or whatever.

I just do NOT need this stress right now.  I already have a deposition Monday, travel to Wisconsin Wednesday-Thursday, and a deposition on Friday two hours away.  Plus this week should be the start of the IUI cycle and now I'm playing mom to B.  I know I am getting repetitive on this post now.  I just need to vent at the moment.

So looking forward to an awkward weekend.  At least my husband will be around.  This whole thing has made me realize he might just turn out to be the strict parent and I might be the pushover!  He's firm about the rules, taking charge with the issues, and backing me up big time.  I'm so impressed with him right now and it just makes me want to make him a real dad even more.

At least on Sunday night I am taking my husband out to dinner to celebrate his birthday (since I will be away traveling for work the evening of his actual birthday).  Since it's restaurant week we are going to a very nice place for cheap!  Yay for a date with my honey!

Hope you all are having lovely weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment