Wednesday, February 20, 2013

IUI Countdown

IUI is on.  As soon as my period starts.  Had a long, good appointment with the P.A. and our RE today.  Dr. B seems very optimistic about our chances and said he was very happy with the results of my surgery.

The details of my IUI:

As soon as my period starts I call them.  We schedule a baseline u/s for CD 1, 2, or 3.  On CDs 3-7 I take 100 mg of Clomid.  Then on CD9 I receive an injection of Menopur to mature my egg(s).  Finally, day 12 I have an u/s to see if I'm ready for trigger and if so here comes the HCG and then back to back IUIs.

I know the stats say back to back IUI doesn't really increase your chances, but it kind of feels like it does.  More sperm!

It seems like my RE does not monitor as closely as some but more closely than others.  I'm overall pretty happy with the protocol and the PA was so knowledgeable she answered most of my questions before the RE even got into the room.

I also asked about progesterone, because some months I spot about a week before my period.  Dr. B sent me for a blood test today and said he'll keep an eye on it after the insemination.

I am crazily trying not to think about the fact that if this works I will have a baby around Christmas.  Not thinking about it.  Not thinking about it.  Yes, I am.

Now let's just hope my body cooperates.  I'm ok with my period coming any day except Wednesday because I have to fly out to Wisconsin on Wednesday for work, back on Thursday, then a deposition scheduled for Friday morning two hours from home.  So let's hope for Monday or Tuesday!  I'm not entirely certain how I am going to handle my work demands and the demands of infertility.

As far as family drama, I can't say a lot, just in case anyone figures out this is me.  I mean I'm "anonymous" and haven't really told anyone but my two best friends I'm blogging, but I've put enough personal facts out there that if someone stumbled across this blog they could figure it out.

Suffice it to say, a family member of mine has a prescription pill addiction which has led to serious difficulties in his marriage (as he is now living with my husband and I), serious financial difficulties (as he is and has been unemployed for the last 4 months) and now, serious legal difficulties (as I expect a felony summons will be issued for him shortly).  Since I am an attorney, and his only family member in this state, a lot of this is falling on me.  And I am feeling like his parent because I am doling out his medication, locking it up, and setting "rules" for the house for my adult family member.  My husband has been great about it but it is just not the stress I need in my life right now.  Nonetheless I love him (the family member - and the husband for that matter) dearly and will do everything I can to help him get through it.  I mean, I really want to be a mother, just not to him :).

So that's my day.  Hope all is well with all of you and hoping for BFPs for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment