Monday, February 25, 2013

Side Effect of Infertility: TMI

I never thought I'd talk openly about my cervical mucus or my husband's sperm.  Fertile people don't do that.  I realized one of the biggest side effects of my IF has been TMI yesterday, when I walked out of my bedroom and announced to my husband AND B, sitting on the couch "yay, I got my period - now we can move on with IUI!"  I talk with my friends about my uterine lining and transvaginal ultrasounds without blinking an eye.  Putting my feet in the stirrups never felt so natural.  All those embarrassing things that some people get to never discuss or go through, like the fun of HSG, lead to a lot of conversations that you would think would be difficult, but somehow I've lost my ability to be embarrassed.  It's not necessarily a bad thing but I am going to try to avoid talking about my cycle in front of my family in the future.

On another note - NO CYSTS!!!  I am cleared for IUI!

Bring on the Clomid crazies starting tomorrow!

AND the nurse said I had numerous follicles (I refuse to call them follies - follies are acts of foolishness and/or apparently a strip club in Atlanta).  Anyways all these follicles are gearing up for this cycle and she seemed very happy with how they looked.  Go ovaries go!

No comments:

Post a Comment