Monday, March 11, 2013

The 2ww

For the uninitiated, the 2ww is the two week wait - that time between insemination or ivf and the point at which you take a pregnancy test.

Round 2 of IUI was today and went well - DH had more than double the sperm from yesterday - 60 million post-wash!

Now I will wait.  I start progesterone on Wednesday.  We're not sure I need the progesterone but my test was borderline plus I sometimes have suspicious spotting so to be on the safe side my RE put me on it.

TMI  ALERT

RE told me I can take oral or vaginal but according to everyone, vaginal is the better way to go because there is better absorption.  So it looks like I will be using a vaginal suppository twice a day for the next couple weeks (at least).  If I'm really lucky and it worked, I will use it for my first trimester.  Just another one of the little joys of infertility treatment.  Other women get two pink lines and start picking names and shopping at babies r us.  Infertile women wait and wait and pray and cry and wait and pray and undergo painful and embarrassing procedures and finally (hopefully) get a positive and then worry their way through the first trimester with close monitoring.

I'm pretty sure the wait is going to drive me absolutely crazy but as of right now I'm just glad things went well and trying to rest.

Time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment