Monday, March 4, 2013

Did I speak too soon?

So ... no more Clomid but LOTS more back pain.  My back is sore.  Not screaming in pain, can't get out of bed sore, but irritatingly and convincingly sore.  Can't move too quickly and feeling very stiff.  Which of course makes me wonder - is it working too well and I'm getting overstimulated?  Or maybe it's not working at all and I just tweaked my back somehow.

I had my menopur shot today.  It's just subcutaneous so the needle was tiny and not scary at all.  But it burned going in.  Didn't notice any new side effects from it, other than I really had no appetite for lunch.

And I found out my boss is going to have meetings with those of us who aren't billing "enough" hours, specifically last month.  I had surgery last month.  This is the kind of stuff that just irritates the crap out of me.  I'm going through infertility treatment and trying to keep up with work (I haven't missed any deadlines or anything) and sometimes it just starts to feel like too much.  It probably doesn't help that we just had a houseful of guests and the whole B drug thing.

This is turning into a pity party tonight, so I think I'll just sign off.  I know a lot of people out there have it a lot worse than me and I should focus on the fact that despite my infertility, I have a very blessed life.    I have a loving husband and a job that helps me pay for infertility treatments, even if it's stressful and I hate it.  And I have a supportive family, great friends, a nice house, and a sweet little dog.

That's my mantra for the next couple weeks - focus on the good.  Not sure if I'll be able to stick with it the whole way but I'm going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment