Saturday, March 9, 2013

Counting follicles

So I went into my ultrasound appointment on Thursday hoping for 2-4 follicles and hoping to have my trigger shot of HCG so we could do the IUI on Friday-Saturday.  No such luck.  The woman doing my ultrasound looked at my right side and said "looks sleepy over there, nothing going on."  Then looked at my left and saw one follicle but not big enough yet to trigger.  On the positive side, my lining was 11 (and anything over 8 is great) and had the "triple stripe" they look for that means it's ready for implantation.

I was very disappointed at only one follicle.  I mean, I ovulate on my own every month.  I can produce one follicle without the drugs and side effects so I felt like it was a waste.  They scheduled me to come back in to see how it had grown today (Saturday).

Imagine my surprise when a different lady swung the ultrasound over to my right ovary and I said "they said it's sleepy over there" and she said - look this is your right ovary and there were two big black circles (follicles) sitting right there.  Yes, somehow lady #1 MISSED two follicles on my right side.  And when she went back to the left, the one from the left is SMALLER than the two on the right.  So how does that happen?  DH is pretty pissed but I'm just trying to be happy that it turns out I have at least 2 that should be mature and possibly 3!

Triggered today!
Follicles were:
23x24
20x23
17x20 (left side)

Going in tomorrow for IUI 1 and Monday for IUI 2!

Grow follicles grow (but don't ovulate until tomorrow please)!

Now sitting here with twinges around my ovaries - guessing it's a result of the HCG.

I have to admit I'm tempted to take a HPT just to see those two lines I've never seen before - even though I know it would only be because of the trigger shot and not because I'm pregnant.

Praying hard this weekend.

Also, my job sucks and is getting worse by the day.  Success here would make it so much better.

Please God, let at least one of those beautiful little follicles produce a good egg and let it be fertilized!  And then implant!  And then stay put for about 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment