Sunday, March 10, 2013

IUI #1!

Went in for IUI number one today!

Arrived at 8 and shortly thereafter DH went to produce his sample.  After we turned in the sample we ended up waiting an hour and a half (it was a busy Sunday apparently).

After that it was easy going.  Went back and laid down on a table, legs in the stirrups - the usual.  Speculum just like a pap and I didn't even feel the catheter go in.  According to the nurse, we had 28 million motile sperm post-wash (they wash the sperm and remove the dead ones and stuff) which is supposed to be pretty darn good!

Now I'm just chilling out, taking it easy today.  Back tomorrow for round 2.

Also they gave me a prescription for progesterone and said I can take it orally or vaginally - my choice. Well my choice would obviously be orally (much easier) but am wondering if it's better (for absorption?) to do vaginal?  Looks like I'll be consulting Dr. Google on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment