Friday, August 30, 2013

Follicles!!!

So I guess I'm way way overdue for an update.  Things just got so busy in the last stages of planning the trip and now we are in the Czech Republic!!! Hopefully this posts ok because all the sidebars and stuff are in Czech so I'm guessing.

My period started right on time on the 22nd - which was a huge relief.  First I was worried it would come early, which would screw us big time since our flights were booked.  Then I started worrying it wouldn't come on time and even in the morning emailed my IVF coordinator saying it hadn't started.  An hour later - hello Aunt Flo - never been so happy to see you!

Started stims a week ago - 225iu of Gonal-F.  While in the states, we did the injection at midnight every night so that it was 8 a.m. Czech time to keep things consistent.  Very not fun to go to sleep knowing your alarm will go off at midnight and then try to get back to sleep but we made it through.  

Flight was very long and exhausting.  Had to do an injection mid-flight.  So glad to land and get here and then of course the fact that I was about to have my ultrasound became very very real.  I started worrying about whether I had follicles - or enough follicles at least.  For the most part my side effects so far have been pretty mild.  Some fatigue, very slight nausea, and one day back pain.  But overall not too bad, which made me wonder if they were working.

Good news - they were!  Ultrasound this morning showed 6 follicles on my left (lazy) side - 4 of which were 16mm.  On my right side - the good side - 10 follicles with 6 of them at 16mm.  Couldn't be happier about those numbers.  I was hoping for at least 10 but no more than 20 since sometimes egg quality is lower when you have lots.  

Today after my stims and a new injection - orgalutran/ganirelix (which I had a bad skin reaction to), I was tired.  Very tired.  4 hour nap tired.  Which is not what you want when you're in a foreign country and would like to explore but the #1 priority on this trip is the IVF so it's ok.  Had a nice nap and about to head out to dinner.  

Hope I didn't miss anything!  Now just hope these follicles are nice and healthy and retrieval goes well. It was moved up a day to September 4!  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment