Monday, June 10, 2013

3rd time's the charm?

Well we are on to our 3rd IUI.  Added two extra menopur shots and going for an ultrasound tomorrow.  It's only CD9 but I had a "cyst" that the RE wanted to make sure was not an active follicle so we're checking early.

I was trying to remember how many needle sticks I have endured so far in my quest to have a baby.
2 progesterone tests
3 pre-op blood draws
4 HCG draws
4 menopur shots (so far - have one more scheduled tomorrow)
2 HCG shots (with one to go this cycle)
1 IV - during surgery

Tonight my ovaries hurt and my head hurts and I'm tired as hell.

Had a massage yesterday.  Here are some samples of things my massage therapist said (after asking if my husband and I were trying to have kids):
"What a fun mission you are on!"
Yes, it's really fun to have the nurse dig around in me with the speculum trying to find my cervix to do an insemination.  And the ultrasound wand - what fun!
"I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 4 months along!"
Uh...great.  I have tracked my temperature and peed on so many sticks I couldn't count them if I wanted to and you couldn't figure out you were pregnant until almost halfway through.
"You're going to have like 5 or 6 kids!"
Yeah, just one would be nice.  It's already taken a lot and I don't have one so please don't talk about 5 or 6.
And my favorite...
"Have you and your husband thought about baby names?"
We've been thinking about babies and baby names and conceiving and pregnancy for 21 months so yes, we have thought about names and  no, I don't really want to talk about the names for my possible baby that may or may not happen in the near future.

So that's my week so far.  Really hoping for a good ultrasound tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment