Thursday, June 27, 2013

3rd time = not the charm

HPT = negative. RE sent me in for a blood test to verify before going off progesterone.  Also negative.

And I lost my job.  Too much time off for fertility treatments.

So this has not been a great couple of weeks for us.

However, the silver lining has been my husband.  He has been AMAZING.  Supportive, loving, and just amazing.

When I lost my job he immediately looked on the bright side and said now we have time for IVF.  And now he's engaged in planning our IVF treatment.  I don't know how I got so lucky.  Sometimes I feel like marrying me was unfair for him - he's only 30 and his sperm are fantastic and he's stuck with a 37 year old wife who can't get pregnant.

Oh yeah, and I turned 37 in the last 2 weeks.  It's been just freaking fantastic.

So anyways we are moving on to IVF (obviously).  We agreed before we even started IUI that it was three strikes and we're out.

The somewhat exciting part of it is we've decided to do IVF overseas.  I will definitely post more about that soon.  And this time I should be able keep my promise to update more frequently since I don't have a job.

I will post an entire blog on how we came to the decision and how we picked a clinic tomorrow.  For tonight I'll just say this - my husband is awesome.  My job for the next couple months is to be healthy (new diet I'll post about later too) and prepare for IVF.

More tomorrow - for real this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment