Friday, July 19, 2013

Needles! (Acupuncture)

It's funny - I've had lots of needles poke me throughout this journey.  Hormone tests, HCG tests, pre-op tests, fertility drugs, etc.  But I've always shied away from doing acupuncture, despite hearing from so many sources it's good for fertility.

Now, I wish I'd tried it earlier.  It looks creepy - that's really the problem. But I had my first session yesterday and it was great.  I found this clinic that specializes in fertility acupuncture - the acupunturist took my history and boy was she thorough.  Then she stuck some needles in my back, put on a fertility meditation, put a heating lamp over my back, and left me to lie there for about 30 minutes.  It was so relaxing!  And you can barely feel the needles going in at all!

Afterwards I felt spacey and relaxed.  I'm going back once a week until we do the IVF.  It's kind of pricey but chalking it up to the costs of infertility :).  Never thought I'd recommend acupuncture but it actually seems to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment